Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mounds and Skull - Lower Yoder Township

It was just a beauitful day for being in the woods. Spotted this large, mess of a rock mound right off the bat.
RJ is standing on what's left of am old military road that probably dates from the French and Indian War.
Showing off a section of the originial Mountain Road - that dates to at least 1774 according to 'Frontier Forts of Western Pennsylvania'.
I just can't seem to ever stay from this stone skull - I always take a couple of shots of it when passing this way.
I think I am about the only one that thinks this is something - and I always will.
This is the first mound I ever found many years ago and it will always continue to be my favorite. This is about 1/2 mile from the stone skull.
Closeup - but around the other side
A hollow - that looks like it was built that way.
Found this new small rockpile nearby.

2 comments:

  1. Those really look a lot like the ones I have been seeing in eastern MA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is any on private land for sale ?

    ReplyDelete