Monday, January 30, 2012

Stone Cabin - Lower Yoder

A possible stone chamber - known as the 'stone cabin' in Lower Yoder Township. As luck would have it - it's a site first brought to my attention by Norman Mueller and Kathy at http://twoheadwaters.blogspot.com/. I missed it - in my own neck of the woods. And in a strange twist a reader at my sister site Vintage Johnstown sent in these two pictures of her dad at the structure in the 1980's.
The story goes that it is a hunting cabin used for decades. It's been on my list to search for alot of reasons - but the main one is that the location of this structure lines up with some large rock mounds - a few of miles away. I would like to thank Kathy at twoheadwaters for pointing this out to me. This used to be a popular GPS cache spot till the neighbors started complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment