Monday, April 5, 2010

Browns Farm - 2 More Large Rockpiles/Mounds Found - Lower Yoder Township

Found these new mounds around the old cemetery area. This first one might be kind of hard to make out since it kind of blends in with the background. It's a conical type. I have to go back and get some better shots.
This is a closeup of the rock makeup.
This next large mound is only a couple of feet away. It looks exactly like this rock mound a couple of hundred feet away.
I have been breaking down my searches into grids - since the area is over 800 acres. It goes from relatively flat to hillside back to flat again. I couldn't even tell you how many mounds of earth and rock there are, since they are everywhere, the upper and lower sections, some even look like they could represent serperts. Some I can attribute to possibly logging and bulldozing but others, it looks like I dropped into the Ohio Valley.
Also ran across my first snake of the season. Which means they're out already because of all these warm temperatures. Heck, when I was searching saturday, it was 83 degrees (broke weather records) and a full 40 degrees warmer than the week before.

No comments:

Post a Comment