Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple but Sweet - Rock on Rock - Cracked Arrow

I was out walking and used the end of this Stone Wall - Burnt End Stone as a starting point going in a straight path across mountain when I ran across some of these very simple but very beautiful examples.
From this classic rock on rock I looked slightly above it and saw this:
This tree is growing out of a very low to the ground rockpile and displacing some stones. Looking at it here. The triangle stone is actually anchored in what's left of the pile by a small stone kind of underneath it. Looking at it from this distance, I thought that maybe the tree cracked it.
But the closer I got - I could see that the cracked is being propped open with a couple of very small stones.
This is right below the ridge line and seems to be pointing up to the top. Following the direction of this arrow is now on my search list. I can tell I found a large amount of rockpiles about a 1/4 mile away, and I will be posting pictures of those soon.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting example of something it would be hard for a traditional archeologist/ anthropologist/ historian to explain.

    ReplyDelete