Saturday, December 5, 2009

Native American Wall - Part 1

For the next couple of days I will be showing this very interesting wall just off of Decker Avenue (below the Transmitter). It's believed to be Native American in origin. It runs around 1/4 of a mile at least. Besides a well shaft (which I am working on getting better pictures of since the ones I have aren't that great).

The sunken mound I showed on November 24-th is a stone's throw away from the beginning of this wall. There are also quite a few more cairns of different styles (which I will be visiting in the future). The standing stone and sister structure I showed on November 27-th are also in the same area.

I know this image is hard to make it, but what I am trying to show is the wall snaking it's way up the ravine.

As you make your way up the ravine the wall slowly begins to get slightly higher.

This is the section that is sort of in the middle and is quite higher than the beginning and end of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment