Saturday, January 30, 2010

Possible Solar Aligned Chamber-Like Structure or Possible Rock Shelter

The site is located about 1/2 mile from Brown's Farm in Lower Yoder Township. This group shows where we left the Son's of Italy Road.
It was on this non-descript cluster that my brother RC decided to get a good feel for the lay of the land.
Not paying attention to which way he went around the rock. I first tried the left hand side and imagine my surprise when I found this poking thru:
Now I have written about this beautiful cairn here before. Walking around to the front I found the following:
Which kind of reminds me of a Native American Prayer Seat. There is no trail in this area. It's very rough terrain. If the glacial debris doesn't trip you up,the vast amounts of thorn bushes will finish the job. From here we followed along the edge of a sort of bowl like gully when we ran across this:
Though you can't tell from the photo - because there wasn't alot of room on the rim to get a cutaway shot. The front of this looks like it's been modified by a human hand. Width wise - you can walk right in there single file. The thing as a whole is straight, then circle like (inside) then back to narrow straight.
This photo was taken from inside the narrow opening. As you can see - there is plenty of room. On the right hand side it looks like a funnel to catch water. I got the feeling being in there that it's set up at an angle at the top - so that all you had to do was put a couple of animals hides up there and you would have a nice rock shelter.
This is on the left hand side - these rocks looked fire burnt to me, besides triangle-like. From here with the next picture I am heading to the back end of this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment