Friday, April 16, 2010

Rock Pile and Rock Mound - Browns Farm

This first is a rather large rock mound located along the top section of the farm right along the Cambria/Westmoreland County line, just above an area called Dry Hollow.
This next shows a side view of the mound.
Headed down to a part of Browns that I've done a few walk thru's - but haven't spent quality time searching yet. As far as I can tell, this area was used as a planting field and pasture. This is where they grew the bulk of their produce when they were running a truck farm in the 1930's and 1940's.
This next rockpile was found in an area to the right of this field. This section I think could prove to be very interesting when I go thru it further.
Everyone has their own way of searching. For me, I don't use maps to mark out a potential site, I use them afterwards but not before. I go with my sense of feeling that there are structures in certain areas. Whether it's at Browns or no where in particular treking across Laurel Hill. All I can say is that it's working for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment