Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Look at this Wall

On a topic I talked about here and here , this is another example of what I about talking about.
This wall is located about 5 miles from the previous site. Right next to it is this small spring.
This spring is small - you'd get only about a quart of water out of it daily. I think it could have something to do with the Spirit of Spring Water. Which makes it's interesting being so close to the wall. As a matter of fact, I nearly tripped over this spring, because I was busy taking pictures of the wall and not paying attention to my feet.
This wall is in pretty bad shape with alot of debris all over the place. It looks like it's been here for quite a while.
What's strange about this wall though is how it is kind of in segments connected by what looks like flatted rock piles. For lack of a better way to explain this. I found this site in November on the way to another.
I didn't have alot of time to spend there, so all I basically did was take more pictures than anything else. Hopefully I can get back up there in a another couple of weeks. Once all the snow melts.
Closeup of one section of the wall. I've noticed that curved kind of rock used in another wall a couple of miles away.
This wall is a couple of hundred feet long and also has some nearby cairns that I believe could be of the burial type. It's almost like the wall/spring acts as a type of barrier from the rockpiles. Having said this, I also have a feeling that there is much more to be seen and learned from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment